In the summer the WHU European MBA Summer Institute offers two sessions of a two-week course on “The Changing Environment for International Business in Europe” for MBA students of WHU’s partner universities. The program is an alternative to an exchange semester and offers a targeted and compact insight on international business in Europe.
The next program will take place in May 2014:
- Session I: From May 6 to May 20, 2014
- Session II From May 18 to May 30, 2014
The course takes place on the attractive campus of the WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management in Vallendar, located just outside of Koblenz in the valley of the Rhine River. Both two-week programs, directed by Professor Michael Frenkel, offers a three credit-hour class focusing on the following topics:
- European Integration: The Single European Market of the EU and European Monetary Union
- Doing Business in Eastern Europe
- Restructuring Companies in Transition Economies
- Innovation Strategies of European Companies
- European Marketing
- The Environment of Mergers and Acquisitions: European Competition Policies
- European Financial Markets
The course is designed for MBA students interested in International Business, Finance and Corporate Strategy. The language of instruction is English.
The program comprises 48 academic contact hours (equivalent to three credits of a 14-week term) plus around 22 contact hours of a cultural program (equivalent to two credits of a 14-week term). The program includes a final exam.