1. International transactions and different exchane rate concepts
2. Interest rates and exchange rates: an asset approach
3. Money, interests and exchange rates
4. International linkages of goods and asset markets under fixed exchange rates
5. International linkages of goods and asset markets under flexible exchange rates
6. Portfolio balance and exchange rate determination
7. Market efficiency and rational expectations
8. Foreign Exchange Intervention
9. The news model of exchange rate determination
10. The risk premium
11. The microstructure of the foreign exchange market and its implications for exchange rate determination
This course introduces concepts used to analyze finance aspects in the world economy. It examines how economic linkages between countries affect domestic economic developments and studies, in particular the role of the exchange rate and the relationship between exchange rates, inflation, and interest rates.
Cases, Problem Set and Lecture Material
Copeland, Laurence S., "Exchange Rates and International Finance", 4th ed. (Addison Wesley) 2004.
Hallwood, C. Paul/Mac Donald, Ronald, "International Money and Finance", 3rd ed. (Blackwell) 2000.