Chair of Technology and Innovation Management
Address for Visitors:
WHU - Campus Krautkrämer
Tel.: +49 (0)261 6509 241
Fax: +49 (0)261 6509 249
Office Hours: by appointment
- Technology and Innovation Management
- New Product Development
- Intellectual Property Management
- Chairman (2009-2011) and Vice-Chairman (2007-2009) of the Scientific Commission for Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (TIE) of the Association of Professors in the field of Business Administration e.V.
- Since 2007 Spokesman of the WHU Innovation and Entrepreneurship Group
- Since 2007 Academic Director of the WHU-Melbourne EMBA Program
- Since 2005 Visiting Professor at Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
- Since 2004 Director of the WHU Biopharma Management Center
- Since 2000 Chairholder for Technology and Innovation Management at WHU
- Doctorate (1996) and Habilitation (2001) at Kiel University
- Business Studies at Kiel University and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA)
- Customized individual trainings for companies (e.g. with 3M, Dt. Börse, Merck, L'Oreal, Süd-Chemie, Sony, Nissan, DuPont, Sita, Sony-Ericsson)
- Guest lectures for renowned companies (e.g. with BASF, Biocon, BSH, Constantia Hück, General Electrics, Henkel, Otto Bock, Sabic, Swiss Re, Trox GmbH)
- Best Paper Award MIT Sloan Management 2010 (Robert Beckhard Memorial Prize) together with Prof. Dr. Martin Högl and Dr. Martin Siebdrat
- Among the 20 most productive researchers in the field of Business Administration from the area Germany, Austria and Switzerland according to the Handelsblatt Ranking of 2009
- Best Teacher Award (MLB Program, WHU and Bucerius Law School, 2008)
- Best Paper Award Innovation Management (EBS, 2007) with Prof. Lichtenthaler
- Best Teacher Award (MBA Program, WHU, 2006)
- Research award for the largest number of international publications in major journals in the field of Technology and Innovation Management (IAMOT, 2004)
- Best Paper Award from the Association of Professors in the field of Business Administration e.V. (1999)
- First prize for scientific working of the Foundation for Industrial Research (1996)
- Advancement award of the Business Association of Schleswig-Holstein (1996)
- Behrens, J., Ernst, H. What keeps Managers away from a Losing Course of Actions? Go/Stop Decisions in New Product Development, Journal of Product Innovation Management, (forthcoming).
- Ernst, H., Hoyer, W., Krafft, M., Krieger, K. (2010), Customer Relationship Management and Company Performance - The Mediating Role of New Product Performance, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 39, pp. 290-306.
- Ernst, H., Hoyer, W.D., Rübsaamen, C. (2010), Sales, Marketing and R&D Cooperation across New Product Development Stages: Implications for Success, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 74 (5), pp. 80-92.
The complete list of publications will you find here.