The WHU Foundation –
Supporting the successful growth of WHU.
Established in 1984, the WHU Foundation is a charitable foundation registered under German law in Vallendar, Germany. Its main purpose is to fund and support WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, one of Germany's leading business schools. The Foundation’s activities are financed by its capital and third-party donations.
In keeping with the principles of good foundation practice, the WHU Foundation considers transparency key in its responsibility to society and its sponsors. Therefore, the Foundation’s work is voluntarily audited annually by an auditing firm and publishes a comprehensive annual report. The WHU Foundation also manages the assets of various non-independent foundations, such as the Irmgard und Erich Schneider Foundation, the Intergenerational Business Foundation (“Generationenübergreifendes Wirtschaften”), and the CIO Foundation.
Become part of an idea –
Support the successful growth of WHU.
There are many ways to support WHU in its mission to deliver ‘Excellence in Management Education’. As well as endowment contributions to the Foundation capital, the chair, and center endowments, it is also possible to support individual research projects or to finance study places for individual students.
We would be delighted to speak with you in a personal conversation about your funding interests.
WHU’s bank details for donations:
IBAN DE38 5705 0120 0000 2135 79
Benefactors, sponsors, and more –
A central element of our school.
WHU is a private school and therefore receives no government funding. Approximately 60 percent of the funding needs of the school are met by the income generated from the Foundation’s financial assets, by endowments, and by donations from the business world and individuals. WHU’s alumni also generously support their alma mater.
WHU differentiates between:
- Prof. Otto Beisheim Stiftungen
- In Praxi - WHU Alumni Association
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Industrie- und Handelskammer zu Koblenz
- Stiftung Unternehmertum
- DIE FAMILIENUNTERNEHMER - ASU e.V.
- Allianz SE
- Dietmar Hopp Stiftung GmbH
- METRO AG
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- SAP SE
- Merck Finck Privatbankiers AG
- real GmbH
- Deutsche Post Stiftung
- DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH
- Bayer AG
- Beiersdorf AG
- BSH Hausgeräte GmbH
- CTcon GmbH
- Deutsche Post AG
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Merck KGaA
- RWE AG
- Thyssen Krupp AG
- Dirk Nowitzki-Stiftung
- IDG Business Media GmbH
- Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG
- McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Stiftung Generationenübergreifendes Wirtschaften
- Sporttotal AG
- The Boston Consulting Group GmbH
- Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
- Oliver Wyman Consulting GmbH
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Dr. Werner Jackstädt-Stiftung
- Goldman Sachs AG
- Andersch AG
- moneymeets community GmbH
- Niedax GmbH & Co. KG
- Sparkasse Koblenz
- Deutsche Bank AG
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Aktiengesellschaft
- Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Canyon Bicycles GmbH
- Commerzbank AG
- Egon Zehnder International GmbH
- eprimo GmbH
- INVERTO GmbH
- d-fine GmbH
- BASF SE
- Bain & Company Germany, Inc.
- Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA
- EY-Parthenon GmbH
- PwC Strategy& (Germany) GmbH
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultants GmbH
- Irmgard und Erich Schneider-Stiftung
- A. T. Kearney GmbH
- L'Oréal Deutschland GmbH
- MLP Finanzdienstleistungen AG
- Verband unabhängiger Family Offices (e.V.) I VUFO
- Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG
- Debeka Versicherungsgesellschaften
- ayondo GmbH
- Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Ltd.
- HAHN-Immobilien-Beteiligungs AG
- HELIAD EQUITY PARTNERS GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Landeshauptstadt Düsseldorf
- M + C Schiffer GmbH
- meta Trennwandanlagen GmbH & Co. KG
- MMV Leasing GmbH
- Morgan Stanley Bank AG
- Vontobel Asset Management AG
- zetVisions AG
- Amazon Pforzheim GmbH
- WIPRO Limited
- Böker & Paul AG / Kanzlei für Vermögensmanagement
- Treif Maschinenbau GmbH
- LIDL Stiftung & Co. KG
- Interessengemeinschaft Frankfurter Kreditinstitute GmbH
- EMBA Class of 2017
- AVANCO GmbH
- Dr. Eckel Anomal Nutrition GmbH & Co. KG
- Hack AG
- iExecutives e. V.
- Professor Dr. Dr. h. c. mult. Hermann Simon
- Lenze SE
- Vodafone GmbH
- Dürr Aktiengesellschaft
- Ardagh Metal Beverage Europe GmbH
- XING SE
- SONEAN GmbH
- Sascia Hilverkus (Alumna D 1997) und Gregor Hilverkus (Alumnus D1996)
- Storck Deutschland KG
- Reinhard Löchner
- Adam Investments
- ARAG SE
- Dr. Michael Peters (Alumnus D2006)
- GfK SE
- Hannelore und Manfred J. Lenhart Stiftung zur Hochbegabtenförderung
- Lotto Rheinland-Pfalz - Stiftung
- WHU Studenten helfen e.V.
- Zonta Club Koblenz I
- Enpal GmbH
- Investitons- und Strukturbank Rheinland-Pfalz (ISB)
- Schubert & Co. GmbH
- Vorwerk & Co.KG
- Hartmut Leser
- DB Vertrieb GmbH
- Markus Duram (Alumnus MSc 2010)
- Daniel Jung
We would like to also thank our many other supporters!
Financial stability –
The basis for sustainable growth.
As a private research institution, WHU receives no institutional support from government agencies for teaching and research. The school is supported by the non-profit WHU Foundation (Stiftung Wissenschaftliche Hochschule für Unternehmensführung).
WHU successfully completed the 2017/2018 fiscal year and invested heavily in securing its future. Revenues rose by EUR 1.2 million year-on-year to EUR 41.23 million. Expenses rose by EUR 1.2 million to EUR 41.19 million. 58 % of the school’s financial requirements are covered by the income from the foundation capital, grants for chairs or projects of companies or other organizations as well as private individuals. A steadily growing share of the donations comes from former WHU students, with whom the school maintains a continuous and intensive exchange.
Detailed information can be found in the annual report (in German).
The Germany Scholarship –
An initiative to support young talents at WHU.
The Germany Scholarship is a joint initiative of the federal government and private sponsors to award scholarships to committed and talented students. Thanks to a large number of donors (companies, associations, foundations, and private individuals), WHU has been able to support a large number of students with Germany Scholarships in recent years.
CIO Foundation –
MBA scholarships for young IT talents.
The CIO Foundation promotes the general management education of young, outstanding IT talents by providing them with MBA scholarships. With the ‘CIO Young Talent Award’ and the ‘CIO Executive Award’, the CIO Foundation has established two funding formats for different career stages.
Read the latest news – Showcasing the diverse activities of our WHU Foundation.
Digitalization changes the ways people live and work. However, stakeholders in civil society should devote greater energy to considering the questions that surround digitalization. This is the conclusion reached by the authors of the position paper entitled “Denkanstöße zur Digitalisierung der...Read more
Executive Board & Board of Trustees –
Legal representatives of the Foundation.
The Executive Board is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Foundation's business. It ensures that the School properly fulfills its obligations and that its aims are maintained.
One of the primary duties of the Executive Board is to increase the assets of the Foundation to ensure sustainable development of the School. To this end, the Executive Board works closely with WHU’s administration.
Get in touch –
We're looking forward to hearing from you.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to find out more about the WHU Foundation, our work, and the various possibilities to support WHU.
Team members of the WHU Foundation: