Full Professor of Financial Accounting (f/m/d)
in the Finance & Accounting Group of WHU.
Starting: 1. September, 2020
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: Ph.D. or an equivalent academic qualification
- The position aims to strengthen the Group’s research profile and the focus will be on research
- Candidates should contribute to research activities of the WHU Financial Accounting and Tax Center
- Teaching in the various WHU degree programs (in English)
- Relevant Ph.D. degree or equivalent academic qualification
- Excellence in research as documented by an outstanding publication record in international peer-reviewed academic journals such as Top 3 Accounting journals and Financial Times 50 journals as well as a strong research pipeline
- Contribution to the research environment at the WHU Finance & Accounting Group with broad interests in the group’s research area, e.g., financial accounting, finance and banking, taxation
- A strong record in teaching, and a commitment to teaching excellence and innovation,
- International experience
- Outstanding English communication skills
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
What we offer
WHU offers a competitive salary as well as an attractive package consisting of a generous research budget, research assistants, and administrative assistance. Moreover, our modern campuses provide faculty with a high-quality research and teaching infrastructure. WHU is an equal opportunity employer and thus welcomes applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds. We believe in the benefits of diversity and therefore foster an international, inclusive, and inspiring working environment. We also offer opportunities for personal development, including language courses as well as integration assistance for new faculty members.
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
Please address your application, including CV, full publication list and teaching evaluations to Professor Dr. Jürgen Weigand and send your application by email to:
For informal inquiries about the position, please do not hesitate to contact: