Henkel Assistant Professor of Marketing and Director of the Henkel Center for Consumer Goods (f/m/d)
in the Marketing & Sales Group of WHU.
Starting: December 1, 2020 or later
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: Ph.D. or an equivalent academic qualification
- Conducting teaching across the various WHU degree programs in English
- Performing research in the field of Marketing/FMCG with a focus on price management, brand management, and omnichannel business and publishing in leading research journals
- Managing the Henkel Center for Consumer Goods and developing and maintaining corporate connections
- Mentoring final theses (Bachelor, Master, MBA) and doctoral students
- Contributing to academic conferences
- Performing services to the academic community
- Ph.D. or equivalent academic qualification in Marketing or a closely related discipline
- Outstanding research record as evidenced by publications in leading academic journals, presentations at excellent conferences, or a promising research pipeline
- Teaching experience, especially in online formats
- Outstanding English communication skills
- International experience is advantageous
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU adheres to three research principles: quality, internationality, as well as practical and academic relevance. WHU faculty consistently publish their research in the most prestigious journals. The position is based in the Marketing and Sales Group.
What we offer
WHU offers a competitive salary as well as an attractive package consisting of a research budget and a mentoring program for Assistant Professors. The appointment is initially for three years and can be extended for an additional three years conditional upon a positive mid-term review. WHU offers the opportunity for tenure-track if the WHU requirements for a tenure-track are met (e.g., excellence in research). Moreover, our modern campuses provide faculty with a high-quality research and teaching infrastructure. WHU is an equal opportunity employer and thus welcomes applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds. We believe in the benefits of diversity and therefore foster an international, inclusive, and inspiring working environment. We also offer opportunities for personal development, including language courses as well as integration assistance for new faculty members.
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
The application deadline is September 30, 2020. Please send your application, including cover letter, curriculum vitae, full publication list indicating your most relevant publications (max. three), teaching evaluations, and names of up to three references by email to:
For informal inquiries about the position, please do not hesitate to contact: