Research Assistant / Doctoral Student (f/m/d) – Chair of Empirical Corporate Finance
Starting: at any time
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualification
- Conducting research in the area of empirical corporate finance as part of a dissertation (consisting of three research papers)
- Supporting the Chair as a Teaching Assistant in the various programs
- Collaborating with faculty as well as other doctoral students
- Presenting your work at internal brownbag seminars and at international conferences
- Relevant Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualification from a well-regarded university
- Analytical skills. Experience in programming (e.g., Python, R) and/or econometric software (STATA) is helpful
- Excellent English communication and (in particular) writing skills
- Strong motivation and focus, ability to work independently and in teams
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
Please send your application, including CV, transcripts, Bachelor and Master’s dissertations as well as the names of two academic referees, by email to: