Doctoral Student / Research Assistant (f/m/d) in the area of Management or Management Accounting with a special focus on CFO research
at WHU’s Institute of Management Accounting and Control.
The Institute of Management Accounting and Control (IMC) of WHU is a leading think tank in the area of management accounting and control. Under the joint directorship of Prof. Dr. Marko Reimer and Prof. Dr. Utz Schäffer, the institute bundles the numerous teaching and research activities of the associated professors and doctoral students.
Starting: at any time
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: very good master-level university degree
- completing a doctoral thesis and conducting empirical research
- collaborating with our faculty, international researchers, and other doctoral students
- presenting your research at international conferences
- working with leading companies on controlling-related benchmarking processes, being part of our editorial team, or supporting our teaching activities and the WHU Controller Panel
- strong motivation and enthusiasm
- very good master-level university degree
- excellent English language and analytical skills, and ability for innovative thinking
Potential Research Questions
- What idiosyncratic impact do Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) have on their organizations’ policies and outcomes?
- How (and under what conditions) do CFOs initiate and accelerate the digital transformation of their organizations?
- What are characteristic career trajectories and essential competencies of successful CFOs?
Of course, we are open to your own ideas.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
Please send your application, including CV, supporting documents, and a letter of motivation via email to: