Research Assistant in Production Management (f/m/d)
Our chair is part of WHU’s Supply Chain Management Group which is ranked #6 globally.
Starting: as soon as possible
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: Master’s degree in General Management or Operations Management
- The completion of the dissertation – mostly as a collection of three research papers – is an essential part of your day-to-day activities.
- All published research exhibits a strong link to management practice.
- The base salary is ½ position since your primary task is to complete your dissertation in 2 to 3 years.
- Attendance of the Ph.D. program of Kellogg’s School of Management for one term is recommended and financially supported (when approved by the partner university). The candidate must demonstrate how this visit directly supports his or her research.
- Candidates are to a very limited extent engaged in administrative work at the department, i.e., they proctor and grade exams an act as co-readers on theses in their area of research expertise.
- You should hold an outstanding master’s degree in General Management or Operations Management or a relevant discipline e.g., Data Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc. and possess a record that demonstrates your modeling or empirical research potential.
- Experience with the following areas increases chances of acceptance: Data Science, Lean Manufacturing, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Retail Analytics, Operational and Financial Risk Management, Real Options Modeling, or Operations Strategy Formation and Deployment.
- You are able to work independently, enjoy working in teams and are goal oriented.
- You should have strong English communication and writing skills.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
Please send your application, including CV, transcripts, Bachelor and Master’s dissertations as well as the names of two academic referees, by email to: