Doctoral Student / Research Assistant (f/m/d) in the area of Qualitative Management Accounting Research
at WHU’s Institute of Management Accounting and Control.
The Institute of Management Accounting and Control (IMC) of WHU is a leading think tank in the area of management accounting and control. Under the joint directorship of Prof. Dr. Marko Reimer and Prof. Dr. Utz Schäffer, the institute bundles the numerous teaching and research activities of the associated professors and doctoral students.
Starting: at any time
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: very good master-level university degree
- completing a doctoral thesis and conducting qualitative empirical research
- collaborating with our faculty, international researchers, and other doctoral students
- presenting your research at international conferences
- working with leading companies on controlling-related benchmarking processes, being part of our editorial team, or supporting our teaching activities and the WHU Controller Panel
- interest in qualitative-interdisciplinary research questions
- strong motivation and enthusiasm
- very good master-level university degree
- excellent English language and analytical skills, and ability for innovative thinking
Potential Research Questions
- Digitalized management: What is the effect of digitalization on management control in organizations? How do individuals respond to the rise of real-time data and portable devices in contemporary organizations?
- Human-machine interaction: How do artificial intelligence and business analytics impact organizational decision-making processes? What are the effects of the interplay of human and algorithmic intelligence in organizations?
- Managing social value: How do the organizations manage “performance” in non-profit-organizations in the digital age? How do technologies change traditional forms of accountability in non-profit-organizations?
Of course, we are open to your own ideas.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
Please send your application, including CV, supporting documents, and a letter of motivation via email to: