Research Assistant/Doctoral Student (f/m/d) – Strategic Business Negotiations
at WHU's Chair of International Business and Supply Management I.
At the Chair of International Business and Supply Management I, we investigate business negotiations through the lens of behavioral research. The advertised position is in the specific field of strategic B2B negotiations.
Next to academic rigor, real-life relevance is a key objective in our work. We engage only in empirical research such that our work is firmly rooted in reality. You will collaborate closely with our team throughout your research project, and you will receive regular feedback and sparring. We aim to equip you with skills for a successful academic career as for a career in management.
WHU’s Supply Chain Group is amongst the 10 research-strongest faculties worldwide in the field worldwide (http://www.scmlist.com/home/university-rankings/empirical-report/).
Starting: at any time
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: excellent Master Degree in business, engineering, or psychology or a related field
- Steering and developing your research project in the field of strategic business negotiations and/or behavioral supply management and publishing your work in leading academic journals
- Collaborating with renowned companies in the course of your research project, ranging from DAX companies to exciting start ups
- Working with top researchers from the U.S.
- Supporting teaching and other projects which are related to your field of research
- You are an enthusiastic team player and you are ready to take ownership and initiative for your research project
- You share our passion for empirical work
- You hold a very good Master's degree in Business, Psychology, Engineering or a related field (specialization in Supply Chain Management is not required)
- You are fluent in English
- Work experience and/or internships (e.g., in consulting, strategy, supply management, or start-ups) is a plus but not required
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
Do you have any questions?
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your application, including CV, transcripts, Bachelor and Master’s dissertations as well as the names of two academic referees, by email to: