Research Assistant/Doctoral Student (f/m/d) – Strategic Negotiations
at WHU's Chair of International Business and Supply Management II.
At the Chair of International Business and Supply Management II, we investigate collaboration and power in buyer-supplier relationships through the lens of behavioral research. The advertised position is in the specific field of strategic B2B negotiations.
Next to academic rigor, real-life relevance is a key objective in our work. You will closely collaborate with our team throughout your research project and you will receive regular feedback and sparring. We aim to equip you with skills for a successful academic career as well as for a career in management.
WHU’s Supply Chain Group is amongst the 10 research-strongest faculties in the field worldwide (http://www.scmlist.com/home/university-rankings/empirical-report/).
Starting: at any time
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: excellent Master Degree in business, engineering, or psychology or a related field
- Steering and developing your research project in the field of strategic negotiations or behavior supply management and publishing your work in high-ranking academic journals
- Collaborating with renowned companies in the course of your research project, ranging from DAX companies to exciting start ups
- Working with leading international researchers in the field (e.g., in the U.S.)
- Supporting teaching and other projects which are related to your field of research
- You are an enthusiastic team player and you are ready to take ownership and initiative for your research project.
- You share our passion for academic insight and real-life managerial impact.
- You hold a very good Master's degree in Business, Psychology, Engineering or a related field (specialization in Supply Chain Management is not required).
- You are fluent in English.
- Work experience and/or internships (e.g., in consulting, strategy, supply management, or start-ups) is a plus but not required.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
Do you have any questions?
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your application, including CV, a letter of motivation, grade transcripts, and letters of recommendation from previous employment/internships, if applicable, by email to: