Richard Brealey Professor of Corporate Governance
Professor of Finance
London Business School
“Do Consumers Care About ESG?”
ISSB Board Member
“Creating Value Trough Sustainability Disclosure”
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
Erkrather Str. 224a
Organized by Martin Glaum & Burcin Yurtoglu
WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management
The Conference on “CSR, the Economy and Financial Market” rotates its meetings among the host cities of Chicago, Tokyo, and Düsseldorf. For its 2023 meetings, it will return to Düsseldorf, Germany, November 9-10. The in person conference is designed to encourage and promote research and dialogue regarding the economic effects of corporate social responsibility, CSR.
The 2023 meeting will be devoted to presentations of academic papers dealing with the topic.
It will also include keynote addresses, panel-discussions and presentations by key corporate executives, policy and investment professionals.
We invite the submission of theoretical or empirical papers that deal with the effects of CSR from a purely economic, a financial markets, or a managerial perspective. Papers dealing with CSR reporting and disclosure are also invited. At the author's discretion, accepted papers will qualify for a fast-track review for possible publication in a special issue of the Global Finance Journal with the journal's submission fee waived.
The topics relevant to the conference include but are not limited to theoretical and empirical papers dealing with:
- Climate risk and pricing
- Carbon pricing
- Role of financial markets, banks, institutional investors in CSR
- Effects of CSR on valuation, performance, cost of capital, funding and capital structure
- Corporate governance and CSR
- Risk management and CSR
- CSR reporting and disclosure
- CSR activities and the economy, both at the macro and micro levels.
The conference will take place on the campus of WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management in Düsseldorf.
We will have a workshop format to allow for extensive discussion and feedback. Accordingly, only a small number of papers has been accepted for presentation.
The conference fee of 150€ (100€ for PhD students) includes the presentations and discussions, as well as conference drinks and snacks and if desired the conference dinner.
There is a room contingent at the NH Duesseldorf City, please contact email@example.com.
- Amir Amel-Zadeh, Oxford University
- Tony Berrada, University of Geneva
- Giorgio Bertinetti, Ca’Foscari University
- Audra Boone, Texas Christian University
- Pierre Chollet, Montpellier University
- Otgontssetseg Erhemjamts, Bentley University
- Iraj Fooladi, Dalhousie University
- Sadok El Ghoul, Univerity of Albetra
- Stuart Gillan, University of North Texas
- Martin Glaum, WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management
- Omrane Guedhami, University of South Carolina
- Axel Haller, Universität Regensburg
- Souad Lajili-Jarjir, Universite de Lorraine
- Garen Markarian, University of Lausanne
- Vikas Mehrotra, University of Alberta
- Giovanna Michelon, University of Exeter
- Lin Peng, City University of New York
- Sébastien Pouget, Toulouse School of Management
- Lukas Roth, University of Alberta
- Antonio Salvi, University of Turin
- Henri Servaes, London Business School
- Yoko Shirasu, Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo
- Takafumi Sasaki, Chuo University, Tokyo
- Aaron Yoon, Northwestern University
- Burcin Yurtoglu, WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management
- Stefano Zambon, University of Ferrara