Online Course Guide of WHU –
Find all modules and courses of our degree programs.
Please use the filters below to select the term (spring or fall) as well as the respective program (BSc, MSc, MBA, Exchange, Doctoral) of your choice for an overview of all modules offered at WHU. The courses are listed under the modules. Please click on a module to see which courses are part of it. If you would like to find out more about a certain course, click on the name of the course to see detail information. The location of the lecture will be revealed after your course registration on myWHUstudies.
Spring term counts from January - August, fall term counts from September - December.
Important for Exchange Students: As the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs utilize a modular course structure, the dates on which students begin and end the exchange are flexible. Please find here a chronological overview of the preliminary course offering for Fall and Spring.
Sourcing: Managing the Firm's Supply Base, Group D 1
(Please note that exchange students obtain a higher number of credits in the BSc-program at WHU than listed here. For further information please contact directly the International Relations Office.)
- Strategic Positioning of Sourcing
- Segmenting Spend using Sourcing Portfolios
- Leveraging Competition among Suppliers
- Cooperating and Managing Risks
- Changing the Nature of Demand
- Digitalization in Procurement
- Grasp the strategic importance of the procurement function
- Navigate increasingly complex global supply markets and supply networks
- Identify, audit, and qualify suppliers
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Decide on the optimal means of collaboration/competition
- Implement performance measurement activities within the procurement function
Secondary literature will be announced in the course pack.
Form of examination
Please note: In case you need to retake the module (because of having failed the module at the first attempt), your grade will be based exclusively on a resit exam.