Online Course Guide of WHU –
Find all modules and courses of our degree programs.
Please use the filters below to select the term (spring or fall) as well as the respective program (BSc, MSc, MBA, Exchange, Doctoral) of your choice for an overview of all modules offered at WHU. The courses are listed under the modules. Please click on a module to see which courses are part of it. If you would like to find out more about a certain course, click on the name of the course to see detail information. The location of the lecture will be revealed after your course registration on myWHUstudies.
Spring term counts from January - August, fall term counts from September - December.
Important for Exchange Students: As the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs utilize a modular course structure, the dates on which students begin and end the exchange are flexible. Please find here a chronological overview of the preliminary course offering for Fall and Spring.
Civil Law, Group BBA_D2
In the series of courses Law I, Law II and Law III students will receive a comprehensive understanding of the significance of law in corporate business. Students should become familiar with the fundamental concepts of legal theory and methods, with particular emphasis on those that apply to corporate management. In addition, students should be able to work effectively with legal personnel.
(Please note that exchange students obtain a higher number of credits in the BSc-program at WHU than listed here. For further information please contact directly the International Relations Office.)
· Overview of the sources of law
· System of the Civil law, structure of the German Civil Code (BGB), fundamental principles: contract, delict/tort, obligations arising neither from contract nor from tort; the binding nature of contracts and specific performance
· Formation of contract, particularly: law of agency particularly in commercial law, consumer protection, general terms and conditions
· Consequences of a failure to perform based on the example of sales contracts
· Basics of credit-securitization regulation
· Further liabilities, particularly product liability
Köhler, Prüfe dein Wissen. Rechtsfälle in Frage und Antwort. BGB Allgemeiner Teil
Köhler/Lorenz, Prüfe dein Wissen. Rechtsfälle in Frage und Antwort. Schuldrecht I.