Online Course Guide of WHU –
Find all modules and courses of our degree programs.
Please use the filters below to select the term (spring or fall) as well as the respective program (BSc, MSc, MBA, Exchange, Doctoral) of your choice for an overview of all modules offered at WHU. The courses are listed under the modules. Please click on a module to see which courses are part of it. If you would like to find out more about a certain course, click on the name of the course to see detail information. The location of the lecture will be revealed after your course registration on myWHUstudies.
Spring term counts from January - August, fall term counts from September - December.
Important for Exchange Students: As the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs utilize a modular course structure, the dates on which students begin and end the exchange are flexible. Please find here a chronological overview of the preliminary course offering for Fall and Spring.
Financial Valuation, Group C
(Please note that exchange students obtain a higher number of credits in the BSc-program at WHU than listed here. For further information please contact directly the International Relations Office.)
There will be two case studies in which we are going to apply the different valuation approaches. Moreover, I plan to have a guest lecture from an industry expert.
- Valuation Basics
- Cash Flows
- Cost of Capital
- Fundamental Valuation
- Relative Valuation
- Get an overview of financial valuation
- Understand the drivers of firm value
- Know how to determine cash flows
- Know how to determine the cost of capital
- Understand and apply fundamental valuation approaches
- Understand and apply relative valuation approaches
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of different valuation approaches
- Know when to use which valuation approach
- Damodaran, A., 2006, Damodaran on Valuation: Security Analysis for Investment and Corporate Finance, 2nd edition, Wiley.
- The textbook is available as eBook in the library.