Online Course Guide of WHU –
Find all modules and courses of our degree programs.
Please use the filters below to select the term (spring or fall) as well as the respective program (BSc, MSc, MBA, Exchange, Doctoral) of your choice for an overview of all modules offered at WHU. The courses are listed under the modules. Please click on a module to see which courses are part of it. If you would like to find out more about a certain course, click on the name of the course to see detail information. The location of the lecture will be revealed after your course registration on myWHUstudies.
Spring term counts from January - August, fall term counts from September - December.
Important for Exchange Students: As the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs utilize a modular course structure, the dates on which students begin and end the exchange are flexible. Please find here a chronological overview of the preliminary course offering for Fall and Spring.
Business Information Systems (BIS II)
The course gives an introduction into major aspects of Business Information Systems (BIS) and their role in the enterprise from a managerial point of view. In the first part of the course (BIS I), basic aspects and theories are introduced. In the second part (BIS II), advanced aspects of Information Management are presented and discussed.
(Please note that exchange students obtain a higher number of credits in the BSc-program at WHU than listed here. For further information please contact directly the International Relations Office.)
- SDLC model
- Managing BIS development projects
- Planning BIS development projects
- Structuring system's process requirements
- Data flow diagrams
- Use cases and activity diagrams
- Structuring system's data requirements
- Relational databases and SQL
- Designing user interfaces
- HTML and CSS
- Systems implementation
- Maintaining BIS
- Understanding of main concepts related to BIS analysis and design
- Understanding of basic data, process and interface modeling concepts and approaches
- Improved skills in working with specific software
Practice with software
Form of examination
50% weekly assignments
50% final exam