Online Course Guide of WHU –
Find all modules and courses of our degree programs.
Please use the filters below to select the term (spring or fall) as well as the respective program (BSc, MSc, MBA, Exchange, Doctoral) of your choice for an overview of all modules offered at WHU. The courses are listed under the modules. Please click on a module to see which courses are part of it. If you would like to find out more about a certain course, click on the name of the course to see detail information. The location of the lecture will be revealed after your course registration on myWHUstudies.
Spring term counts from January - August, fall term counts from September - December.
Important for Exchange Students: As the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs utilize a modular course structure, the dates on which students begin and end the exchange are flexible. Please find here a chronological overview of the preliminary course offering for Fall and Spring.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training
(Please note that exchange students obtain a higher number of credits in the BSc-program at WHU than listed here. For further information please contact directly the International Relations Office.)
There will be a 300 USD charge for enrolling in this online program. Please note that this represents a major discount from the original price.
The seminar consists of an opening lecture on Operational Excellence followed by approximately 82 hours of self-study to obtain the Green Belt certificate and a one-day workshop--moderated by Kathy Miller from Moresteam--where we play a simulation game.
The objective of the online course is to develop a comprehensive set of skills that will let you to function effectively as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
You will learn the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt body of knowledge, practice techniques for both quantitative and non-quantitative analysis, and gain the team leadership skills necessary to get projects across the goal line.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Communicate using Lean Six Sigma concepts.
- Think about your organization as a collection of processes, with inputs that determine the output.
- Relate Lean Six Sigma concepts to the overall business mission and objectives.
- Use the concept of a Sigma Level to evaluate the capability of a process or organization.
- Understand and apply the five-step DMAIC (Define-Measure-Anaylse-Improve-Control) model as a framework to organize process improvement activity.
- Employ a wide range of process improvement techniques within the DMAIC model.
- Recognize the organizational factors that are necessary groundwork for a successful Lean Six Sigma effort.
- Employ your Six Sigma skills to lead a successful process improvement project delivering meaningful results to the organization.
To successfully complete this course, you must review all of the lessons and complete all of the quiz modules. MoreSteam will provide you with a Certificate of Training Completion.
The online course consists of multiple sessions, each of which is a collection of related lessons.
Individual lessons also include simulations, toolsets and interactive practice exercises. Each session ends with an interactive quiz to test your knowledge.
The course is presented in a logical sequence to follow the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement process. We believe that you will learn most efficiently by following the sequence presented.
In particular, the first session presents an overview of Six Sigma, which will be helpful to put the remaining sessions in proper context.
On every page, you have access to a variety of helpful learning tools, from an online encyclopedia to a notes tab to support links. You can use the course navigation map to move through the course in a linear fashion or you can skip around and explore topics as you see fit.