Online Course Guide of WHU –
Find all modules and courses of our degree programs.
Please use the filters below to select the term (spring or fall) as well as the respective program (BSc, MSc, MBA, Exchange, Doctoral) of your choice for an overview of all modules offered at WHU. The courses are listed under the modules. Please click on a module to see which courses are part of it. If you would like to find out more about a certain course, click on the name of the course to see detail information. The location of the lecture will be revealed after your course registration on myWHUstudies.
Spring term counts from January - August, fall term counts from September - December.
Important for Exchange Students: As the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs utilize a modular course structure, the dates on which students begin and end the exchange are flexible. Please find here a chronological overview of the preliminary course offering for Fall and Spring.
Foundations of Project Management
(Please note that exchange students obtain a higher number of credits in the BSc-program at WHU than listed here. For further information please contact directly the International Relations Office.)
Project Management is increasingly important in today's world. This course covers the fundamental concepts and applied techniques for cost effective management of both long-term development programs and short-term projects. The content deals with planning, scheduling, organizing, and controlling projects. The course uses cases from a wide variety of industries.
- Provide a fundamental understanding of project management methodologies
- Use a teaching method that enhances the content through interactive sessions, group assignments and real life examples
- Develop communication and presentation skills
- Bring theory in to practice via class project
- Understand Project Management processes
- Comprehend basic tools and techniques to plan, organize and manage a project
- Optimize results while managing the triple constraints
- Manage stakeholder communications
Publisher: Project Management Institute