Online Course Guide of WHU –
Find all modules and courses of our degree programs.
Please use the filters below to select the term (spring or fall) as well as the respective program (BSc, MSc, MBA, Exchange, Doctoral) of your choice for an overview of all modules offered at WHU. The courses are listed under the modules. Please click on a module to see which courses are part of it. If you would like to find out more about a certain course, click on the name of the course to see detail information. The location of the lecture will be reveiled after your course registration on myWHUstudies.
Spring term counts from January - August, fall term counts from September - December.
Important for Exchange Students: As the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs utilize a modular course structure, the dates on which students begin and end the exchange are flexible. Please find here a chronological overview of the preliminary course offering for Spring and Fall.
Seminar: Leadership Styles and their Representatives
(Please note that exchange students obtain a higher number of credits in the BSc-program at WHU than listed here. For further information please contact directly the International Relations Office.)
- Students will gain a profound understanding of specific leadership styles (through their thesis)
- Students will gain a broad understanding of the variety of leadership styles (as provided during the presentations)
- Students discuss research frameworks and managerial implications in the field of leadership and thus understand the current challenges leaders are facing.
Learn how to write a BSc-Thesis
- Students will write in teams of 3, so that the total amount of pages written is equivalent to the BSc-Thesis
- Students will learn how to conduct an efficient literature review
- Students will learn how to develop a research framework for their thesis
- Students will learn how to structure their thesis
- Students will learn how to identify managerial implications
Yukl (2013) Leadership in Organizations, 8/E, ISBN-10: 0132771861 • ISBN-13: 9780132771863
Form of examination
2) Group Presentation 30% (Team Grade)