Online Course Guide of WHU –
Find all modules and courses of our degree programs.
Please use the filters below to select the term (spring or fall) as well as the respective program (BSc, MSc, MBA, Exchange, Doctoral) of your choice for an overview of all modules offered at WHU. The courses are listed under the modules. Please click on a module to see which courses are part of it. If you would like to find out more about a certain course, click on the name of the course to see detail information. The location of the lecture will be revealed after your course registration on myWHUstudies.
Spring term counts from January - August, fall term counts from September - December.
Important for Exchange Students: As the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs utilize a modular course structure, the dates on which students begin and end the exchange are flexible. Please find here a chronological overview of the preliminary course offering for Fall and Spring.
Restructuring of Companies
(Please note that exchange students obtain a higher number of credits in the BSc-program at WHU than listed here. For further information please contact directly the International Relations Office.)
2. Transformation of a Sole Proprietorship or a Partnership into a Limited Liability Company
3. Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance of a Limited Liability Company
4. Transformation of a Limited Liability Company into a Stock Corporation
5. Entry of Investors, Capital Measures
6. The Law of Affiliated Enterprises
7. Corporate Governance Code
8. Corporate Restructuring and Recapitalization
9. Corporate Insolvency Reorganization
The principal learning outcomes of this course are:
- to provide students with a critical understanding of the key legal problems in founding, developing, transforming and restructuring a business organization;
- to allow students to understand the importance of legal rules for managing the affairs a business organization;
- to stimulate critical consideration of situations leading to liability threats for those involved in holding, managing and/or reorganizing a business organization;
- to prepare students, with a special focus on legal topics, for future roles in management and control positions within business organizations.
Timmerbeil/Reinhard, Grundriss des Konzern- und Umwandlunsrechts, 2012;
Schwedhelm, Die Unternehmensumwandlung, 9. Aufl. 2019;
Zimmermann, Grundriss des Insolvenzrechts, 11. Aufl. 2018
Kuhlmann/Ahnis, Konzern- und Umwandlungsrecht, 4. Aufl. 2016
Ettinger/Schmitz, Umstrukturierungen im Bereich mittelständischer Unternehmen, 4. Aufl. 2017
Limmer, Handbuch der Unternehmensumwandlung, 6. Aufl. 2018
Sagasser/Bula/Brünger, Umwandlungen, 7. Aufl. 2017
Hebig, Existenzgründungsberatung, 6. Aufl. 20146