Düsseldorf is located in in the federal state North Rhine-Westphalia. There is a population of about 600,000, which benefits from a very good infrastructure, e.g. public transport. Düsseldorf´s cityscape is characterized by various cultures, as Düsseldorf is home to the largest Japanese community in Germany. Internationality, the function as state capital and the strong economy – that is what makes Düsseldorf unique. Moreover, there is a wide range of sports and cultural activities, especially for our students.
- Many sports clubs, which offer both popular and competitive sport
- Swimming pools and waterparks
- Rowing clubs and canoeing clubs on the river Rhine
- Many running routes along the Rhine
For those students, who are interested in watching sports events, Düsseldorf offers several opportunities to participate: Düsseldorf´s Ice Hockey team “DEG” plays in the German Ice Hockey League and is looking forward to get supported by their fans; Düsseldorf´s soccer team “Fortuna Düsseldorf” is also happy about many fans, that cheer them during their games in the German soccer league.
- Many cultural attractions, sightseeing tours (e.g. Rhine embankment promenade, the city hall, Heinrich Heine birth place)
- Art museums
- Many carnival events and parades
- Cinemas, Open Air Cinemas during the summer
- Concerts in the famous “Tonhalle” or one of several concert halls
- Wide range of restaurants, cafés and pubs
- Old Town
- Exclusive shopping opportunities on the well-known Königsallee (“Kö”), which is regarded as the major fashion and shopping location in Düsseldorf
- Various parks and forests
For more information about Düsseldorf please go to