Assistant or Full Professor of Financial Accounting (Open Rank) (f/m/d)
in the Finance & Accounting Group of WHU.
Starting: as soon as possible
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: Ph.D. or an equivalent academic qualification
- Conducting teaching in financial accounting across the various WHU degree programs in English
- Performing research in the field of Financial Accounting, contributing to research activities of the WHU Financial Accounting and Tax Center, and publishing in leading research journals
- Mentoring final theses (Bachelor, Master, MBA)
- Contributing to academic conferences
- Performing services to the academic community
- For Full Professors also mentoring doctoral students, performing services for the school, and contributing to thought leadership
- Ph.D. or equivalent academic qualification in Accounting or a closely related discipline
- Outstanding research record as evidenced by publications in leading academic journals (especially, for applicants to the Full Professor position, publications in Top 3 Accounting journals or ABS 4*/4 journals), presentations at excellent conferences, or a promising research pipeline in financial accounting
- Teaching experience, especially in English
- Outstanding English communication skills
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU adheres to three research principles: quality, internationality, as well as practical and academic relevance. WHU faculty consistently publish their research in the most prestigious journals.
What we offer
This (tenured / tenure-track) position will be at the rank of assistant or full professor, depending upon qualifications. WHU offers a competitive salary as well as an attractive package consisting of a generous research budget, research assistants, administrative assistance, and a tenured position for Full Professors.
For Assistant Professors, there is an attractive package of competitive salary, a research budget, and a mentoring program for Assistant Professors. The Assistant Professor appointment is for six years. WHU offers the opportunity for tenure-track if the WHU requirements for a tenure-track are met (e.g., excellence in research).
Moreover, our modern campuses provide faculty with a high-quality research and teaching infrastructure. WHU is an equal opportunity employer and thus welcomes applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds. We believe in the benefits of diversity and therefore foster an international, inclusive, and inspiring working environment. We also offer opportunities for personal development, including language courses as well as integration assistance for new faculty members.
Our campus in Vallendar is located in the Upper Middle Rhine Valley, a 65km stretch of the 1,230 km long Rhine River. With its castles, historic towns, towering vineyards, and steep slopes, this section of the river is a UNESCO world heritage site. Major cities are dotted along the banks of the river and within easy travel distance. Koblenz marks the meeting point of the Rhine and Mosel rivers. Perfectly placed, Vallendar and its surrounding area is never short of things to see and do.
Join a top European business school and become part of a strong faculty team committed to excellence in management education!
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send your application, including cover letter, curriculum vitae, full publication list, teaching evaluations, the job market paper (for assistant professors), and the names of three references via Interfolio following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/97776
For informal inquiries about the position, please do not hesitate to contact:
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please feel free to contact: