Full Professor of Financial Accounting (f/m/d)
in the Finance & Accounting Group of WHU.
Starting: as soon as possible
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: Ph.D. or an equivalent academic qualification
- Conducting teaching across the various WHU degree programs in English
- Performing research in the field of Financial Accounting, contributing to research activities of the WHU Financial Accounting and Tax Center, and publishing in leading research journals
- Developing and maintaining corporate connections
- Mentoring doctoral students
- Performing services for the school
- Contributing to thought leadership and the academic community
- Ph.D. or equivalent academic qualification in Accounting or a closely related discipline
- Outstanding research record as evidenced by publications in leading academic journals (e.g., Top 3 Accounting journals and Financial Times 50 journals), presentations at excellent conferences, and a strong research pipeline
- Strong teaching record, especially in English, and a commitment to teaching excellence and innovation
- Outstanding English communication skills
- International experience
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
What we offer
WHU offers a competitive salary as well as an attractive package consisting of a generous research budget, research assistants, and administrative assistance. Moreover, our modern campuses provide faculty with a high-quality research and teaching infrastructure. WHU is an equal opportunity employer and thus welcomes applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds. We believe in the benefits of diversity and therefore foster an international, inclusive, and inspiring working environment. We also offer opportunities for personal development, including language courses as well as integration assistance for new faculty members.
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send your application, including cover letter, curriculum vitae, full publication list indicating your five most relevant publications, teaching evaluations, and names of three references by email to:
For informal inquiries about the position, please do not hesitate to contact: