The Chair of Family Business invites applications for the position of
Research Assistant / Doctoral Student (m/f)
located at the WHU Campus Vallendar, with a start date of March, 2018 or on mutual agreement.
Research and Academic Programs at WHU
WHU is committed to excellence in management education concerning both learning and knowledge creation. Our commitment to excellence in research is based on three principles: quality, international orientation, and relevance for research and business practice. In this con-text, WHU offers a stimulating international environment. Our commitment to learning in-volves educating first-rate graduates and providing lifelong learning opportunities.
- You work on your dissertation and the related publications. To do so, you work in a highly engaged and trust-based team and you will receive regular and comprehensive coaching by the faculty as well as through participation in research seminars and aca-demic conferences.
- You will develop skills to publish scientific articles in highly ranked international refereed journals and you participate in the dissertation program of WHU.
- You have the opportunity to work closely with international and well-known researchers and you are involved in ongoing research- and practice-oriented projects.
- You support the teaching of the Chair of Family Business and become engaged in su-pervising theses.
- You contribute to the overall success of WHU’s institute of family business by supporting the outreach and networking activities.
- An outstanding Master degree in management, economics, or related disciplines.
- Enthusiasm for research on family firms and excellent analytic skills.
- Team spirit, social competence, and proactiveness.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
Based on our international profile, we highly appreciate applications from non-German candidates. WHU fosters equal opportunities for everyone, and encourages men and women from all cultural and ethnical background as well as people with disabilities, to apply for this position.
For informal inquiries about the position, please contact Mrs. Stephanie Querbach (email@example.com) or Professor Nadine Kammerlander (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.