The Chair of International Business & Supply Management invites applications for the position of
Research Assistant / Doctoral Student (m/f)
located at the WHU Campus Vallendar.
Research and Academic Programs at WHU
WHU is committed to excellence in management education concerning both learning and knowledge creation. Our commitment to excellence in research is based on three principles: quality, international orientation, and relevance for research and business practice. In this context, WHU offers a stimulating international environment. Our commitment to learning involves educating first-rate graduates and providing life-long learning opportunities.
- The position at the Vallendar campus is equipped with 50% or 67%.
- Your main task will be your Ph.D. projects (as part of a quasi-cumulative dissertation). Our core topics are strategic negotiations (specifically in B2B contexts), power issues in buyer-supplier relationships, and purchasing (team) decision making. All topics can and usually do have an international component.
- You work empirically (using qualitative or quantitative methods) and therefore closely related to practice. We have a wide network with international companies for empirical projects.
- You have the opportunity to work closely with well-known researchers, e.g., at partner universities of the WHU in the U.S. and Asia.
- The duration of dissertation projects typically is between 24 and 36 months in total.
- Your focus will be scholarly publications for highly ranked international refereed journals.
- You are also engaged in teaching and practical projects which will be closely related to your field of research.
- You are an ambitious team player who holds an excellent Master Degree in business, (industrial) engineering (Wirtschaftsingenieur), or psychology.
- You have successfully completed your studies or will do so soon.
- You are able to work independently and goal-oriented.
- You possess very good language skills in English and excellent analytical skills.
WHU is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from international candidates.