Research Assistant/Doctoral Student (f/m/d) - Chair of Household Finance
The position is based at the Chair of Household Finance. Household finance deals with the financial decisions of households. The chair is part of the Finance & Accounting Group, whose members conduct research in various fields, such as asset pricing, corporate finance, financial accounting, and taxation.
Starting: 01.12.2021 or later
Locations: WHU Campus Vallendar
Previous degree: Master’s degree in economics or related field
- Your main task will be to carry out research projects and to work on your dissertation
- Potential topics for your dissertation: individual investor behavior, the role of financial advice for individual investors, the impact of regulatory changes on individual investors, financial technology (FinTech) and individual investors. Your work will mainly be empirical, i.e., using large datasets
- You will present your research at international conferences and aim for publications in internationally renowned scientific journals
- You will support the chair in teaching, but this will be closely linked to your research activities
- Excellent (upcoming) Master’s degree in business or economics (or a related field)
- Passion for empirical research and independence in leading projects
- Very good English skills
- Ideally experience in data analysis and/or programming
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
Please send your application, including cover letter, CV, transcripts, Bachelor and/or Master’s thesis, and the names of two academic referees, by email to: