Research Assistant/Doctoral Student (f/m/d) - Chair of Organizational Behavior
We are people passionates, conducting cutting-edge research on the human side of doing business to help companies across the world nurture talent. Doing so, we focus on diverse topics at the intersection of ethics, leadership and international management. Working in interdisciplinary teams, we collaborate with international researchers to develop truly novel insights within the field of organizational behavior. Thereby we combine rigor, relevance and practical impact to contribute to research, business and society.
Starting: as soon as possible
Locations: WHU Campus Düsseldorf
Previous degree: Master (diploma) in Management, Business Psychology, or Business Engineering
- You will support the Chair’s teaching activities in the BSc and MSc program.
- You will supervise Bachelor and Master theses.
Your Ph.D. research project (as part of a quasi-cumulative dissertation), which will be part of the Chair’s research stream on “The people side of digital transformation”:
- You will develop innovative research ideas, contributing to new theory development as well as to business practice.
- You will use quantitative methods for your own empirical research project.
- You will strive to publish your research papers in international refereed journals.
- You obtain an excellent MSc degree (or equivalent university-level diploma) in Management, Business Psychology, or Business Engineering (or will do so soon).
- You have excellent scientific English skills demonstrated through a MSc thesis written in Englisch.
- You are experienced in the field of organizational behavior, demonstrated through a MSc thesis focusing on organizational behavior.
- You are experienced in quantitative research methods, i.e. you have conducted an own quantitative study for your MSc thesis.
- You ideally have initial experience in writing articles for scientific journals, such as for example preparing your MSc thesis for a publication in an international journal.
- You are enthusiastic about research at the intersections of ethics, leadership and international management.
- You work independently and goal-oriented.
- You are a team player.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
Please send your application, including CV, transcripts, Bachelor and Master’s dissertations as well as the names of two academic referees, by email (miriam.muethel(at)whu.edu) until March 31, 2021 to: