Research Assistant/Doctoral Student (f/m/d) - in the area of Management Accounting and Control
at WHU’s Institute of Management Accounting and Control.
The Institute of Management Accounting and Control (IMC) of WHU is a leading think tank in the area of management accounting and control. Under the joint directorship of Prof. Dr. Marko Reimer and Prof. Dr. Utz Schäffer, the institute bundles the numerous teaching and research activities of the associated professors and doctoral students. In the annual ranking of PhD programs in the area of management accounting, the IMC currently ranks No. 1 in Europe for the fifth time in a row.
Starting: January 2022 at the earliest
Location: WHU Campus Vallendar
- completing a doctoral thesis and conducting empirical research
- collaborating with our faculty, international researchers, and other doctoral students
- presenting your research at international conferences
- working with leading companies on controlling-related benchmarking processes, being part of our editorial team, or supporting our teaching activities and the WHU Controller Panel
- interest in the below-mentioned research areas or related topics
- strong motivation and enthusiasm
- very good master-level university degree
- excellent English language and analytical skills; ability for innovative thinking
Potential Research Areas
- Digital transformation of Finance
- Sustainability & Controlling
- Role of CFOs and Top Management Teams
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
Do you want to be a part of WHU?
Come join our team!
Please send your application, including CV, supporting documents, and a letter of motivation via email to: