Bachelor/Master of Science: If you are a WHU-student and are interested in writing your thesis at the chair, feel free to contact our office in order to make an appointment. You are strongly encouraged to suggest yourself a thesis topic in the form of a 1-page research proposal. Any subject in the fields of statistics, probability theory, econometrics or an empirical social science is potentially suitable, be it theoretical, empirical or computer simulation-based. Examples of theses supervised in the past are:
- "The impact of UN peace keeping missions on the economic development of developing countries"
- "Identification issues in cointegration analysis"
- "Predicting time series based on deep learning algorithms"
- "Artificial Neural Networks and their Application to the Prediction of Financial Time Series"
- "Forecasting macroeconomic time series using principal components"
- "Diamond demand forecasting via online activities"
PhD: If you hold a Bachelor's and a Master's degree and are interested in writing a doctoral thesis at the chair as an external PhD student you are welcome to send to our office a 5-page research proposal, a CV including the names of two referees, and copies of relevant certificates and transcripts. All documents must be in either German or English. There is a strong preference for thesis topics within the realm of multivariate time series econometrics, broadly defined.