Now in their sixth year, the Power of the Profession Awards identify and recognize the top Supply Chain and Talent initiatives from the past twelve months that help to elevate the Supply Chain profession.
Voted for by industry peers and our expert panel of independent, executive-level practitioner judges, the Awards recognize initiatives in two categories: Talent Breakthrough and Supply Chain Breakthrough. The Awards are open to all businesses and individuals worldwide that own, operate and/or manage a supply chain.
Meet the 2020 Power of the Profession Finalists
SCM World of Gartner is thrilled to announce this year’s POTP finalists!
Supply Chain Breakthrough of the Year:
- Colgate-Palmolive: Reducing impact on the environment through TRUE Zero Waste certification. Enables facilities to define, pursue and achieve their zero waste goals, reducing carbon footprints and costs, and supporting public health.
- Hershey’s: Sweet to its Core: A unique segmentation strategy to deliver world-class service. Unlocked top-line growth and margins through segmentation based on product characteristics, enabled expanded distribution and leveraged innovative techniques to drive core product sales.
- Lenovo: Sustainable Low-Temperature Soldering has never been cooler. Invented and open-sourced a technology that lowers the heat required to make laptop motherboards, yielding 35% lower power consumption and carbon emissions.
- Ralph Lauren: Transforming the value chain with serialized digital product identities. Using a unique digital product identifier to offer valuable product information and recommendations to end consumers.
- Rush University Medical Center: Re-engineering replenishment for total value and patient outcomes. An end-to-end supply chain solution leveraging new distribution partners, replenishment techniques and improved cross-functional coordination, that also supports Rush’s local community.
- Schneider Electric: Smart Logistics. Platform delivering increased performance and customer visibility of the end-to-end customer fulfillment process.
Talent Breakthrough of the Year:
- Bayer: Boosting local qualification and employability in Argentina. Offering free skills training to members of the community in partnership with local non-governmental organizations.
- Cisco: More than numbers. A comprehensive global inclusion and talent strategy driving diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization.
- HP Inc.: Evolving from supply chain academy to digital fitness academy. Retooling and expanding academy participants and curricula to propel the digital workforce of the future.
- Intel: Building strategic advantage through analytic fluency and skillsets. A comprehensive training and coaching program boosting analytical capabilities in supply chain.
- Intermountain Healthcare: Where the disabled are enabled, and minorities feel like majorities. Creative solutions to expand work opportunities for underserved communities.
- Johnson & Johnson: Fast track ideas to life with visibility, speed and passion for customers. Unlocking supply chain innovation in a massive global workforce.