Assistant Professor Dr. Irina Heimbach
Irina has been always fascinated how digitalization pervades all aspects of modern everyday life, business, and society. Her research centers particularly on digital markets, privacy, content sharing on social media, algorithmic decision making and data analytics. With respect to methodology, she applies econometric methods, web and text mining as well as field and laboratory experiments. She highly appreciates working inter- and multidisciplinary bridging various academic disciplines as well as academia and practice.
Irina received her PhD in Information Systems from TU Darmstadt in 2016. Prior to joining WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management in November 2017, she spent six years working as a research and teaching assistant at the Department of Information Systems, esp. Electronic Markets, TU Darmstadt. At TU Darmstadt, Irina was actively involved in interdisciplinary DFG-funded research projects and assisted elective courses in Decision Support Systems, Information Systems, Electronic Markets and Social Network Analysis. In spring 2017, she was a visiting researcher at Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California in Los Angeles, USA. Irina's research has been published in Information Systems Research, International Journal of Research in Marketing, BISE, Electronic Markets and Journal of Business Economics as well as in international conferences in Information Systems, Marketing and Computer Science. Her research won the Claudio Ciborra-Award of the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS) 2013 and experienced wide media coverage. Irina holds diploma in Business Administration from Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz (2010) where she graduated top of her class and diploma in German Studies from Udmurt State University in Izhevsk, Russia (2003). In 2010, she has been awarded the DAAD-Prize for the outstanding achievement of a foreign student.
Values and ethics in information systems: a state-of-the-art analysis and avenues for future research
Spiekermann, S., Krasnova, H., Hinz, O., Baumann, A., Benlian, A., Gimpel, H., ... Trenz, M. (2022), Business & Information Systems Engineering, Vol. 64 (2), pp. 247–264
The impact of sharing mechanism design on content sharing in online social networks
Heimbach, I., Hinz, O. (2018), Information Systems Research, Vol. 29 (3), pp. 592-611
The impact of content sentiment and emotionality on content virality
Heimbach, I., Hinz, O. (2016), International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 33, pp. 695-701
Marketing automation: catchword
Heimbach, I., Kostyra, D., Hinz, O. (2015), Business & Information Systems Engineering, Vol. 57, pp. 129-133
The value of user's Facebook profile data for product recommendation generation
Heimbach, I., Gottschlich, J., Hinz, O. (2015), Electronic Markets : the International Journal on Networked Business, Vol. 25, pp. 125-138
The effects of state-dependent human behavior on the design of a serial line
Heimbach, I., Grahl, J., Rothlauf, F. (2012), Zeitschrift für Betriebswirtschaft, Vol. 82 (2018), pp. 745-762
Peer-reviewed conference contribution with proceedings
- Chehrazi, G. / Heimbach, I. / Hinz, O. (2016): “The Impact of Security by Design on the Success of Open Source Software Development Projects”, 24th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Istanbul, Turkey.
- Heimbach, I./ Kim, J.-Y. (2016): “The Effects of Monetary Incentives on Word of Mouth Generation”, 45th Conference of the European Marketing Academy (EMAC), Oslo, Norway, 24-27 May 2016.
- Heimbach, I. / Hinz, O. / Schiller, B. / Strufe, T. (2015): “Content Sharing on Online Social Networks – Empirical Evidence from Twitter, Facebook, and Google+”, 26th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (Hypertext 2015), Cyprus.
- Gottschlich, J. / Heimbach, I. / Hinz, O. (2013): “The Value of Users’ Facebook Profile Data – Generating Product Recommendations for Online Social Shopping Sites”, 21st European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Utrecht, Netherlands.
*Winner of the Claudio Ciborra-Award 2013
- Heimbach, I. / Hinz, O. (2012): “How Smartphone Apps can Help Predicting Music Sales”, 20th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Barcelona, Spain.