The WHU Controller Panel was launched in 2007 as a joint initiative of the IMC with the International Association of Controllers Association (ICV) to derive benchmarks and identify best practices in the field of controlling. Regular surveys on specific longitudinal research topics enable us to make statements on the development of controlling in the German speaking area.
The Panel currently has about 1,000 members from the D-A-CH countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), approximately half of whom are also members of the International Association of Controllers (ICV). Membership is free of charge.
The WHU Controller Panel pursues the following objectives:
- To derive benchmarks and best practice recommendations
- To identify long-term trends in core areas of controlling activity
- To carry out in-depth research and penetrating analysis of current issues of interest
- To foster a mutually beneficial exchange between research and corporate practice.
- To support the further development of the controlling community.
Are you a controller? –
Here's why you should join the Panel.
The WHU Controller Panel is directed at controllers working in businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
- Membership is free of charge.
- We invite you to take part in three to four internet based surveys per year.
- Answering each survey should take no longer than approximately 10 minutes.
You receive access to our comprehensive study reports.
- You receive a significant discount when registering to take part in our WHU Campus for Controlling.
Students may request selected study reports as part of their research projects. Please contact us directly by specifying your research topic at: whu-controllerpanel(at)whu.edu
Studies of the WHU Controller Panel –
Monitoring key areas of controlling.
Three to four panel studies are carried out each year to track benchmarks in core areas of controlling. The topics studied on a regular basis include reporting, planning, controlling & IT, salary and incentive schemes. In addition, we carry out in-depth studies on other issues of current relevance to the field of controlling, such as:
- What does digital transformation mean for controlling?
- What effect is digitalization having on management reporting?
- What role does sustainability play in corporate management?
- What are the topics that will shape controlling in the future?
The answers to these and other important questions enable our members to draw comparisons between their company's controlling departments and others. The analyses of the WHU Controller Panel provide thought-provoking ideas and recommendations for use in practice. All studies are carried out in German. Therefore sufficient knowledge of German is required to participate.
Take a look at the studies we have carried out in recent years:
Fit für die Zukunft? Kompetenzprofile von Controllern
- Controllergehälter in der Corona-Krise
- Nachhaltige Unternehmenssteuerung
- Der Blick in die Zukunft: Forecasting im Fokus
- Wie Controller und IT die Zukunft des Controllings gestalten
- Controller im Fokus: Gehalt, Leistungsbeurteilung und Rollen
- Die Corona-Krise – Wie schätzen Finanzvorstände und Controller aktuell die Lage in ihren Unternehmen ein? (März 2020)
- 2. Blitzstudie zur Corona-Krise – Wie schätzen Finanzvorstände und Controller aktuell die Lage in ihren Unternehmen ein? (Mai 2020)
- Die Zukunftsthemen des Controllings – Ergebnisse der vierten WHU-Zukunftsstudie
- Risiken erfolgreich managen – Eine Studie des WHU Controller Panels (2020)
- Wie viel verdienen Controller?
- Rollen und Kompetenzen von Controllern
- Erfolgreiches Management Reporting
- Planung als Steuerungsinstrument: Die Budgetierung im Fokus
Eager to participate in our studies? In our next study, we focus on "Budgeting" (German only). Register now!