WHU is positioned as one of the leading business schools in Germany with a very strong international focus. This means that internationalization is part of everything we do in the field of degree programs, research or executive education & corporate connections. Especially during the past years the school has made significant progress regarding internationalization and the share of international faculty, students, and staff has increased continuously.
Internationalization Facts & Figures:
- 25% of total student body are international students (incl. exchange students)
- About 240-270 exchange students from all over the world at WHU every year
- 199 partner universities worldwide
- WHU Alumni in more than 65 countries worldwide
- English as language of instruction in all degree programs
- Obligatory modules or semesters abroad in every program
- 31% of the total core faculty has a non-German nationality
- About 20 international visiting professors every year.
Development and Strategic Objectives:
Based on the mission and vision, the strategy of 2011-2016 is themed “further growth and internationalization” and pursues a clear path of continuous internationalization of the school.
In line with that, the school has also given special focus in its strategic plan to internationalization. As a result, in every dimension specific goals have been defined and are pursued continuously:
- Achieving a significant share of international students in all programs
- Developing more Executive Education programs with a strong international component
- Increasing the number of international faculty members
- Increasing the number of publications in international top journals
- Increasing the number of international administrative staff
- Increasing visibility in international media.