Seminar participants were Professor Markus Rudolf, Professor Matthias Muck, Professor Hartmut Leser, Assistant Professor Sebastian Seidens, Assistant Professor Michael Herold and ten doctoral students from WHU. Seminar objectives were the presentation of the doctoral students’ research projects, the provision of constructive feedback and the exchange of research ideas among the seminar participants.
The seminar started with the arrival at Hotel Nationalpark and a dinner at the nearby restaurant 'Rosenhof'. On the second day, some seminar participants (listed below) presented their research and enjoyed answering questions from the audience. The debate was lively. The second day ended with a dinner at 'Das Fritz'. Prior to the return journey on the third day, some seminar participants went sailing on Lake Neusiedl. Despite the stormy weather, the sailing activity was a great success and a lot of fun.
- Nabil Alkafri: Diversification Benefits of Risk Parity
- Tobias Burggraf: Political News and Stock Prices – Evidence from Trump’s Trade War
- Ralf Conen: How Green Writes Black – ESG Portfolio Choices
- Assistant Professor Michael Herold: The Opening and Closing Behavior of Intraday Commodity Futures Returns
- Rene Maler: Social Network Analysis of Business and Economic Institutions
- Quynh Pham: Stock Return Predictability: Evidence Across US Industries