On Monday, April 3rd, 2023, Daniel Hellwig successfully defended his dissertation on “DLT and FHE for Supply Chain Efficiency: Information Sharing Among Competing Retailers”. Co-advisor of the dissertation was Prof. Dr. B. Burcin Yurtoglu. Daniel Hellwig published 2 Springer books, 2 Springer book chapters, and three SSRN working papers; two working papers and one teaching note are presently unpublished. In addition, he co-developed an online platform for supply chain simulation games, see www.disaster-game.com. A 2nd Edition of the two Springer books is planned for 2023.
For the past 4 years, Daniel Hellwig has taught the highly demanded course 'Introduction to Blockchain' in the Bachelor program every semester; last year, the course 'Blockchain Programming' was successfully offered in the MSc program.
- Hellwig, Daniel; Karlic, Goran; Huchzermeier, Arnd (2021): Entwickeln Sie Ihre eigene Blockchain. Springer, 205 p.
- Hellwig, Daniel; Karlic, Goran; Huchzermeier, Arnd (2020): Build Your Own Blockchain. Springer, 187 p.
2. Book chapters
- Hellwig, Daniel; Huchzermeier, Arnd (2022): Distributed Ledger Technology and Fully Homomorphic Encryption: Next-Generation Information-Sharing for Supply Chain Efficiency. In: Babich, Volodymyr; Birge, John V.; Hilary, Gilles (Eds.): Innovative Technology at the Interface of Finance and Operations. Springer, pp. 31-49
- Hellwig, Daniel; Wendt, Kai; Babich, Volodymyr; Huchzermeier, Arnd (2022): Playing with DISASTER: A Blockchain-Enabled Supply Chain Simulation Platform for Studying Shortages and the Competition for Scarce Resources. In: Lee, Hau L.; Ernst, Ricardo; Huchzermeier, Arnd; Cui, Shiliang (Eds.): Creating Values with Operations and Analytics. Springer, pp. 169-196
3. SSRN working papers
- Wendt, Kai and Babich, Volodymyr and Hellwig, Daniel and Huchzermeier, Arnd, Behavioral Simulation of Blockchain-Enabled Market for Supplier Capacity Trading among Retailers (March 5, 2023). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=4378679 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.4378679
- Wendt, Kai and Hellwig, Daniel and Babich, Volodymyr and Huchzermeier, Arnd, DISASTER: Blockchain-Enabled Token Trading Game for Supply Chain Management (March 15, 2023). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=4389480 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.4389480
- Hellwig, Daniel and Huchzermeier, Arnd, An Industry Study of Blockchain Technology’s Impact on Trade Finance (September 14, 2019). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3453767 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3453767
4. Unpublished working papers
- Hellwig, Daniel; Wendt, Kai; Babich, Volodymyr, Huchzermeier, Arnd (2023): Blockchain-enabled Order History Sharing and Supply Chain Efficiency. WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, 26 p.
- Wendt, Kai; Hellwig, Daniel; Babich, Volodymyr; Huchzermeier, Arnd (2023): DISASTER: Blockchain-Enabled Token Trading Game for Supply Chain Management. Teaching Note (available on request), WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, 25 p.
- Wendt, Kai; Hellwig, Daniel; Babich, Volodymyr; Huchzermeier, Arnd (2023): Plenty Is Not Plenty Enough: Can Blockchain Mitigate Panic Buying? WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, 34 p.