WHU General

Economist Ranks WHU's MBA Program #3 in Germany

The big US business schools are back, and WHU defends its rank in Germany

[Translate to English:] Platz 3 in Deutschland und Platz 83 weltweit für Vollzeit-MBA der WHU

In order to give high school graduates, students, and companies an overview of the quality of post-graduate education programs offered by international business schools, "The Economist" conducts an annual ranking of full-time MBA programs. In the Economist Which MBA? Full-Time MBA Ranking 2022, WHU defends its 3rd place in Germany and ranks 83rd worldwide.

This means that WHU's full-time MBA program has improved by 12 places on the global scale since 2017. The particularly good ranks achieved in 2021 (#63) were mainly a result of many large US business schools not participating due to the pandemic.

"I am especially pleased that we leaped forward from 38th place in 2021 to 22nd in 2022 in the category "student & faculty diversity,” says Dr. Zeeshan Sultan, director of the MBA programs at WHU and explains further, "The fact that WHU – and the MBA program in particular – are doing a lot to foster diversity is now also reflected in the result of the Economist's MBA ranking." The move toward more diversity is apparently sustainable because the Economist evaluated a blend of data from a period of three years. In addition, WHU's MBA program proves to be particularly strong in the categories "overseas business-school alumni chapters” (#31) and "faculty quality" (#50).

WHU also almost maintained its position in the European business school market with 22nd place, ahead of the University of St. Gallen. In Germany, Mannheim Business School (#25 worldwide) and ESMT Berlin (#74 worldwide) are still ahead of WHU.

"The Economist rankings show that we are one of the few German business schools to even qualify for this international list of the best MBA programs," says WHU Dean Professor Markus Rudolf, assessing the result. "I am very proud of our program management and our professors. They have succeeded in maintaining and further developing the high quality of teaching despite the more difficult conditions during the pandemic."

The "Economist Which MBA? Full-Time MBA Ranking" is based on 80% surveys of the world's leading business schools. The remaining 20% is derived from surveys of current students and recent graduates. Rankings are primarily based on career opportunities for graduates, personal academic growth of students throughout the program, salary growth after completion of the program, and the potential offered by the alumni network.

Take a look at the full results of Which MBA? Full-Time MBA Ranking 2022!