For over 30 years, WHU students and alumni have created thousands of startups, some of which have become household names across the globe. To support the next generation of WHU entrepreneurs, the WHU Entrepreneurship Center has launched the WHU Accelerator! This seven-week equity-free summer program from May 14 toJuly 2 provides founder teams with a mentor-driven approach to rocket-fueling early-stage ventures. To do so, the program has recruited 80 world-class entrepreneurs, innovators, and investors to mentor the cohort throughout their acceleration journeys.
With that said, the WHU Accelerator would like to announce and congratulate the eight outstanding teams selected for the program:
- Lidrotec: Laser cutting technology that helps semiconductor producers reduce their material waste in the wafer dicing process by 90-100%
- Specter Automation: A.I. SaaS that enables construction firms to utilize existing digital planning data on the physical construction site.
- KitchX: An integrated technological kitchen ecosystem, delivering a superior purchasing and ownership experience for customers.
- Prematch: Data-driven content aggregator for non-professional football.
- CIMK: Data platform for non-Chinese speaking investors that uses a machine-learning translation model and Big Data analytics to provide the most and the fastest information about the Chinese market in a structured way.
- ABOUT My Horse: Social commerce platform for equestrian-focused fashion that leverages influencer marketing for customer acquisition and community building.
- Bringwing: Connecting merchants and shoppers through the most convenient shopping experience.
- Happy Burning: Making Biohacking accessible for everyone with a brain-boosting focus drink
The WHU Accelerator is organized into three phases, culminating in a Demo Day to investors in July. Interested in joining Demo Day? You can sign-up to participate here.
We’re also excited to announce that all teams that complete the WHU Accelerator will be invited to pitch at the first round of STAGEtwo, Europe’s First University Venture Competition. The first local round of STAGEtwo will be held at WHU in early September with the top two teams traveling to Berlin for the October semi-finals/finals, where they will pitch and compete against teams from over 20 other universities from across Europe!
Would you like to know more about the WHU Summer Accelerator? Feel free to contact us or follow our channels below.