Your future awaits –
Apply now for our Bachelor Program!
The Bachelor in International Business Administration (BIBA) at WHU is a rigorous undergraduate program. It demands outstanding intellectual abilities as well as exceptional personal and interpersonal skills.
We value your whole personality, looking beyond academic proficiency and towards your potential in business. Exceptional logical and analytical skills should be balanced with creative thinking. Excellent communication skills, general knowledge, and fluency in English are important. If you’re qualified academically, we want you to demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative, openness, creativity, determination, resilience, responsibility, and team spirit.
Get organized –
Check out our Bachelor admissions requirements.
- Education: Secondary school diploma or equivalent higher education entrance qualification (e.g., IB, Abitur, A-Levels). If your secondary school diploma has not been issued by the application deadline, you may apply with the most recent mid-term report card/predicted grades from your final school year.
To check whether you are eligible to study in Germany, please review either of the following websites:
Anabin (available only in German)
- Proof of English proficiency1: WHU accepts one of the following English language tests:
- TOEFL iBT: Minimum score 95 (bilingual track) or 100 (English track). Our TOEFL code is 0682
- TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition: Minimum score 95 (bilingual track) or 100 (English track)
- Institutional TOEFL (ITP): Minimum score 587 (bilingual track) or 600 (English track)
- IELTS Academic: Minimum 6.5 (bilingual track) or 7.0 (English track)
- Cambridge C1 Advanced: Minimum grade C (bilingual track) or B (English track)
Please note: If you are currently studying at a school with English as the language of instruction, you may be exempt from an English test. In this case please upload a confirmation from your school in our application portal.
- Practical experience1: Achieved through either a business internship or apprenticeship amounting to a total of six weeks. This can also be a combination of multiple internships lasting at least two weeks each. Internships shorter than two weeks, older than two years, or completed at your family's business will not qualify. The internship(s) must be completed before the start of the program.
1 Proof of English proficiency and confirmation of (upcoming) internship(s) must be submitted by May 31, 2021, at the latest. Please note that the English test must be completed by the end of April/beginning of May (correction time approx. 2 weeks). The acutal internship(s) must be completed before the start of the program.
September 15, 2020 - May 15, 2021
Jan 22 – Feb 13, 2021 (application deadline: Jan 15)
March 19 – April 9/10, 2021 (application deadline: March 15)
April 23 – May 14/15, 2021 (application deadline: April 15)
May 21 – June 11/12, 2021 (application deadline: May 15)
The personal interviews will be held on one of the last two days of each admission round.
To be confirmed
September 1, 2021
Taking a gap year? An early application is possible.
If you are graduating this year but still wish to take a year off, not a problem! Apply now for a spot in the class starting in fall 2022. You have until spring 2022 to submit all test results. You can also withdraw your application free-of-charge at any time.
Get started –
Check out our four-step application process.
If you meet the admission requirements and are motivated to start your future now, you will be eligible to take part in the selection process. We carefully select approximately 240 students per year through a four-stage admission process.
Step-by-step application process:
Once you have reviewed the Bachelor Programs’ admission requirements please read through the required application documents and then complete the following steps:
- Prepare a chronological resume (see example) and a letter of motivation (see Required Application Documents for more information on content)
- Collect the supporting documents (see Required Application Documents)
- Create an application account online
- Upload all required documents
- Pay application fees (see below)
- You may be eligible to apply for the recognition and crediting of external achievements
To download the forms, we recommend to save them on your desktop (right mouse click, save as) and then open them afterwards with Adobe Reader DC from there.
Applications submitted until March 15 will receive an application fee waiver.
After March 15, a non-refundable application fee of EUR 50,00 is charged for processing each application received by WHU.
We recommend wire transfer as the most efficient payment method:
Beneficiary: WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
Bank name and address: Sparkasse Koblenz, Bahnhofstr. 11, 56068 Koblenz, Germany
IBAN: DE85 570 501 20 00000 94102
BIC (SWIFT): MALA DE 51 KOB
Please name the payment transaction as follows: "100421-last name, first name
Upon review of all application materials, we will invite qualified candidates to participate in the final admission test. We select candidates based on academic performance as well as personal characteristics and extracurricular activities.
Safety always comes first! In order to provide you with the best experience possible, our admission round will be available both online and on campus.
In this final step, we want to learn more about you. The admission round consists of three parts:
- Online analytical test (example questions, pdf)
- Online presentation and questions on personality and motivation
- Online or on-campus one-on-one interviews
The decision is usually made within a week after the final step of the admission round and you will receive the results via e-mail.
You can also hold your study offer for a year if you are planning a gap year after school (e.g. work & travel, internship, au-pair). In this case, you can of course defer submission of your English certificate and proof of work experience until the following year.
Invest in your future –
Helping you finance your studies.
Finances shouldn’t interfere with your higher education and career goals. We have a number of scholarships and financing opportunities so you can focus on your future, not your finances.