Online Course Guide of WHU –
Find all modules and courses of our degree programs.
Please use the filters below to select the term (spring or fall) as well as the respective program (BSc, MSc, MBA, Exchange, Doctoral) of your choice for an overview of all modules offered at WHU. The courses are listed under the modules. Please click on a module to see which courses are part of it. If you would like to find out more about a certain course, click on the name of the course to see detail information. The location of the lecture will be revealed after your course registration on myWHUstudies.
Spring term counts from January - August, fall term counts from September - December.
Important for Exchange Students: As the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs utilize a modular course structure, the dates on which students begin and end the exchange are flexible. Please find here a chronological overview of the preliminary course offering for Fall and Spring.
Intercultural Competence – Fit for international collaboration
(Please note that exchange students obtain a higher number of credits in the BSc-program at WHU than listed here. For further information please contact directly the International Relations Office.)
Working globally in virtual teams or studying abroad requires a high degree of intercultural competence. Although it is often very inspiring to work or study with people from all over the world, there are several global collaboration challenges. This innovative training concept combines interactive Live-Webinars with content on the Moodle learning platform. A variety of formats like self-reflection activities as well as inspiring talks and videos makes intercultural learning fun!
- Cultural influences on our perception, thoughts and behaviour
- Reflection of one’s own cultural identity
- Stereotypes versus cultural standards
- Recognition of self and foreign perception
- How to deal with global collaboration challenges like different time management, communication styles as well as differences in teamwork and leadership
- Success factors of virtual collaboration
- Strategies for a trustful co-operation and partnership across national borders
- You will reflect on your personal strengths and challenges and define individual goals
Live-Webinar 1 on 18 March 2022
Group 1: 10.00 - 12.30 h
Group 2: 14.00 - 16.30 h
Live-Webinar 2 on 08 April 2022
Group 2: 10.00 - 12.30 h
Group 1: 14.00 - 16.30 h
Additional learning time on Moodle and reflection note (from 18 March to 15 April) for
approx. 4 h. Submission deadline is 15.04.2022.
Senior Business Trainer:
Susanne Philippsen, Certified Trainer for Intercultural Competence & Systemic Coach