Online Course Guide of WHU –
Find all modules and courses of our degree programs.
Please use the filters below to select the term (spring or fall) as well as the respective program (BSc, MSc, MBA, Exchange, Doctoral) of your choice for an overview of all modules offered at WHU. The courses are listed under the modules. Please click on a module to see which courses are part of it. If you would like to find out more about a certain course, click on the name of the course to see detail information. The location of the lecture will be revealed after your course registration on myWHUstudies.
Spring term counts from January - August, fall term counts from September - December.
Important for Exchange Students: As the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Programs utilize a modular course structure, the dates on which students begin and end the exchange are flexible. Please find here a chronological overview of the preliminary course offering for Fall and Spring.
Seminar: Market Dynamics and Industrial Evolution
(Please note that exchange students obtain a higher number of credits in the BSc-program at WHU than listed here. For further information please contact directly the International Relations Office.)
- Analysis of market evolution and dynamics, discussion of disruptive changes and their impact on business and companies’ strategies.
- Application of theory-based approaches to understand and analyze market evolution, disruptions, and product and process innovations.
2) Scientific writing:
- Development of scientific writing skills to get prepared for the work on your bachelor thesis.
- Learning to structure the paper, formulate research questions and conduct a literature review.
- Advancement of skills to write a structured discussion with a practical focus.
3) Real-life case study:
- Development of a company’s innovation-oriented strategy in a specific market.
- Elaboration of applicable suggestions to realize the strategy.
- Discussion of the solution (strategy and the suggestions) with an industry practitioner (representative of a company).
Skills: scientific writing / literature review; theory-based (systematic) approach to the analysis of complex business problems; team work on business case, presentation skills.