The WHU Controller Panel was launched in 2007 as a joint initiative of the IMC with the International Association of Controllers Association (ICV) to derive benchmarks and identify best practices in the field of controlling. Regular surveys on specific longitudinal research topics enable us to make statements on the development of controlling in the German speaking area.
The Panel currently has more than 1,000 members from the D-A-CH countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), approximately half of whom are also members of the International Association of Controllers (ICV). Membership is free of charge.
The WHU Controller Panel pursues the following objectives:
- To derive benchmarks and best practice recommendations
- To identify long-term trends in core areas of controlling activity
- To carry out in-depth research and penetrating analysis of current issues of interest
- To foster a mutually beneficial exchange between research and corporate practice.
- To support the further development of the controlling community.
Are you a controller? –
Here's why you should join the Panel.
The WHU Controller Panel is directed at controllers working in businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
- Membership is free of charge.
- We invite you to take part in three to four internet based surveys per year.
- Answering each survey should take no longer than approximately 10 minutes.
You receive access to our comprehensive study reports.
- You receive a significant discount when registering to take part in our WHU Campus for Controlling.
Students may request selected study reports as part of their research projects. Please contact us directly by specifying your research topic at: whu-controllerpanel(at)whu.edu
Studies of the WHU Controller Panel –
Monitoring key areas of controlling.
Three to four panel studies are carried out each year to track benchmarks in core areas of controlling. The topics studied on a regular basis include reporting, planning, controlling & IT, salary and incentive schemes. In addition, we carry out in-depth studies on other issues of current relevance to the field of controlling, such as:
- What tools do successful companies use in periods of volatility?
- What effect is digitalization having on management reporting?
- What does digital transformation mean for controlling?
- What are the topics that will shape controlling in future?
The answers to these and other important questions enable our members draw comparisons between their company's controlling departments and others. The analyses of the WHU Controller Panel provide thought-provoking ideas and recommendations for use in practice.
All studies are carried out in German. Take a look at the studies we have carried out in recent years:
- Controller im Fokus: Gehalt, Leistungsbeurteilung und Rollen
- Die Corona-Krise – Wie schätzen Finanzvorstände und Controller aktuell die Lage in ihren Unternehmen ein? (März 2020)
- 2. Blitzstudie zur Corona-Krise – Wie schätzen Finanzvorstände und Controller aktuell die Lage in ihren Unternehmen ein? (Mai 2020)
- Die Zukunftsthemen des Controllings – Ergebnisse der vierten WHU-Zukunftsstudie
- Wie viel verdienen Controller?
- Rollen und Kompetenzen von Controllern
- Erfolgreiches Management Reporting
- Planung als Steuerungsinstrument: Die Budgetierung im Fokus
- Das Controllergehalt im Fokus
- Zusammenarbeit zwischen Controlling und IT-Bereich – Schlüssel zum Erfolg in Zeiten der Digitalisierung?
- Kostenrechnung und Incentivierung
- Die Controllingorganisation im Fokus
- Die Zukunftsthemen des Controllings – Ergebnisse der dritten WHU-Zukunftsstudie
- Der Controllerberuf in Zahlen
Our current study focuses on future topics of Controlling.
The study is currently being evaluated.
Eager to participate in our next study? Starting in fall 2020, we will conduct a study on risk management and resilience.