WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is a leading private business school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools in Europe. On WHU’s two campuses in Vallendar (near Koblenz) and Düsseldorf, faculty, students, and staff enjoy working in a stimulating international environment. The organizational culture combines an entrepreneurial attitude and international orientation with a strong sense of community and a high commitment to excellence.
WHU’s Institute of Management Accounting and Control invites applications for the position of
Doctoral Student / Research Assistant (m/f/d)
located at the WHU Campus Vallendar, starting at any time.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and relevance to business practice.
The Institute of Management Accounting and Control of WHU is a leading think tank in the area of management accounting and control. The institute also stands for close collaboration with well-known partners in academia and industry.
Under the joint directorship of Prof. Dr. Marko Reimer and Prof. Dr. Utz Schäffer, the institute bundles the numerous teaching and research activities of the associated professors and doctoral students. Our research focuses on the digital transformation of the finance function as well as the role of the controller and the chief financial officer.
In the annual ranking of PhD programs in the area of management accounting, the IMC currently ranks No. 1 in Europe.
- completing a doctoral thesis and conducting empirical research
- being part of an inspiring and dynamic team
- collaborating with our faculty, international researchers, and other doctoral students
- presenting your research at international conferences
- working with leading companies on controlling-related benchmarking processes, being part of our editorial team, or supporting our teaching activities and the WHU Controller Panel
- strong motivation and enthusiasm
- very good master-level university degree
- excellent analytical skills
- excellent English language skills