WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is a privately funded business school based in Vallendar/Koblenz and Düsseldorf. It is a leading business school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools in Europe. WHU’s academic degree programs and executive education programs provide excellent educational opportunities for every career stage.
WHU’s Institute of Management Accounting and Control invites applications for the position of
Doctoral Student / Research Assistant (m/f) in the area of
Qualitative Management Accounting Research
Who We Are
The Institute of Management Accounting and Control of WHU is a leading think tank in the area of management accounting and control. Under the joint directorship of Prof. Dr. Marko Reimer, Prof. Dr. Utz Schäffer and Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Jürgen Weber, the institute bundles the numerous teaching and research activities of the associated professors and doctoral students. In the annual ranking of PhD programs in the area of management accounting, the IMC currently ranks No. 1 in Europe.
Potential Research Questions
- How do real-time data, transparency, business analytics and portable devices impact the management control function of organizations?
- What is the role of emotions and intuition on management control in the age of digitalization?
Of course we are open to your own ideas.
- completing a doctoral thesis and conducting qualitative empirical Research
- collaborating with our faculty, international researchers, and other doctoral students
- presenting your research at international conferences
- working with leading companies on controlling-related benchmarking processes, being part of our editorial team, or supporting our teaching activities and the WHU Controller Panel
- interest in qualitative-interdisciplinary research questions
- strong motivation and enthusiasm
- very good master-level university degree
- excellent English language and analytical skills, and ability for innovative thinking