WHU enjoys particularly close contact with some of its Partner universities, having agreed upon strategic partnerships with them.
In 1997 a joint Executive MBA program was drawn up in cooperation with the renowned Kellogg School of Management. The program is generally acknowledged to be the best EMBA course offered in Germany. The two schools also maintain particularly close relations in the field of research.
Since 2002 WHU has also been offering modules for the (Executive) MBA for Carnegie Mellon University. The program was unprecedented in German higher education, since at that time no university had been commissioned by a leading American business school to hold such courses. WHU now operates similar partnership programs for Melbourne Business School, Drexel University, University of Michigan and The University of Maryland.
Thirteen double degree programs are a special feature at WHU within the context of the Master of Science in Management Program. Students can earn the full degree of the partner university in addition to the MSc degree from WHU. Double degree partners are*:
- Católica-Lisbon School of Business and Economics (Portugal)
- EMLYON Business School (France)
- The University of Western Australia (Australia)
- Keio University (Japan)
- Peking University (China)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile(Chile)
- INCAE Business School (Costa Rica)
- The University of Texas at Austin (USA)
- The University of San Diego (USA)
- Emory University (USA)
- Tulane University (USA)
- University of Alberta (Canada)
- York University (Canada)
*Please note that only a selection of partner universities can be offered each semester. This depends on a variety of factors, including the number of students we receive from abroad.