WHU’s Institute of Management Accounting and Control invites applications for the position of
Doctoral Student / Research Assistant (f/m/d) in the area of Management and Management Accounting with special focus on CFO research
located at the WHU Campus Vallendar, starting at any time.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and relevance to business practice.
The Institute of Management Accounting and Control of WHU is a leading think tank in the area of management accounting and control. Under the joint directorship of Prof. Dr. Marko Reimer and Prof. Dr. Utz Schäffer, the institute bundles the numerous teaching and research activities of the associated professors and doctoral students. In the annual ranking of PhD programs in the area of management accounting, the IMC currently ranks No. 1 in Europe.
Potential Research Questions
- What idiosyncratic impact do Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) have on their organizations’ policies and outcomes?
- How (and under what conditions) do CFOs initiate and accelerate the digital transformation of their organizations?
- What are characteristic career trajectories and essential competencies of successful CFOs?
Of course, we are open to your own ideas.
- completing a doctoral thesis and conducting empirical research
- collaborating with our faculty, international researchers, and other doctoral students
- presenting your research at international conferences
- working with leading companies on controlling-related benchmarking processes, being part of our editorial team, or supporting our teaching activities and the WHU Controller Panel
- strong motivation and enthusiasm
- very good master-level university degree
- excellent English language and analytical skills, and ability for innovative thinking
Our faculty, students, and staff are passionate about WHU and work together to continuously develop WHU as one of the leading business schools in Europe. Do you want to be a part of this vision? Come join our team!