The Chair of Production Management with the Center of Collaborative Commerce invites applications for the position of
Research Assistant in Production Management (f/m/d)
located at WHU Campus Vallendar. The position is to be filled as soon as possible. Our chair is part of WHU’s Supply Chain Management Group which is ranked #6 globally.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and relevance to business practice.
- The completion of the dissertation – mostly as a collection of three research papers – is an essential part of your day-to-day activities.
- All published research exhibits a strong link to management practice.
- The base salary is ½ position since your primary task is to complete your dissertation (in 2 to 3 years).
- Attendance of the Ph.D. program of Kellogg’s School of Management for one term is recommended and financially supported (when approved by the partner university). The candidate must demonstrate how this visit directly supports his or her research.
- Candidates are to a very limited extent engaged in administrative work at the department, i.e., they proctor and grade exams an act as co-readers on theses in their area of research expertise.
- You should hold an outstanding master’s degree in General Management or Operations Management or a relevant discipline e.g., Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc. and possess a record that demonstrates your modeling or empirical research potential.
- Experience with the following areas increases chances of acceptance: Data Science, Lean Manufacturing, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Retail Analytics, Operational and Financial Risk Management, Real Options Modeling, or Operations Strategy Formation and Deployment.
- You are able to work independently, enjoy working in teams and are goal oriented.
- You should have strong English communication and writing skills
Our faculty, students, and staff are passionate about WHU and work together to continuously develop WHU as one of the leading business schools in Europe. Do you want to be a part of this vision? Come join our team!