The Chair of Production Management with the Center for Collaborative Commerce invites applications for the position of
Research Assistant / Doctoral Student (m/f/d) in Supply Chain Management
located at the WHU Campus in Vallendar.
Research and Academic Programs at WHU
WHU is committed to excellence in management education concerning both learning and knowledge creation. Our commitment to excellence in research is based on three principles: quality, international orientation, and relevance for research and business practice. In this context, WHU offers a stimulating international environment. Our commitment to learning involves educating first-rate graduates and providing life-long learning opportunities.
- The completion of the dissertation – mostly as a collection of several research papers – is an essential part of your day-to-day activities.
- All published research exhibits a strong link to management practice.
- The base salary is ½ position since your primary task is to complete your dissertation (in less than 3 years).
- Attendance of the Ph.D. program of Kellogg’s School of Management for one term is recommended and financially supported.
- Candidates are to a very limited extent engaged in administrative work at the department and support research seminars and courses at the undergraduate and graduate level as teaching assistants only.
- You should hold an outstanding Master degree in General Management or Operations Management or a relevant discipline e.g., operations research, engineering, mathematics, etc. and possess a record that demonstrates your modeling or empirical research potential.
- Experience with the following areas increases chances of acceptance: Lean Manufacturing, Logistics and Supply chain Management, Retailing, Operational and Financial Risk Management, Real Options Modeling, or Operations Strategy.
- You are able to work independently, enjoy working in teams and are goal-oriented.
- You should have strong English communication and writing skills.
Based on our international profile, we highly appreciate applications from non-German candidates. WHU fosters equal opportunities for everyone, and encourages men and women from all cultural and ethnical background as well as people with disabilities, to apply for this position.