The Chair of Empirical Corporate Finance of WHU invites applications for the position of
Research Assistant / Doctoral Student (f/m/d)
located at WHU Campus Vallendar, starting February 1, 2020 or later.
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and relevance to business practice.
The position is based at the Chair of Empirical Corporate Finance, which is part of the Finance & Accounting group. The Finance & Accounting group consists of international junior and senior scholars. It is dedicated to excellence in research and teaching. Faculty members publish research on a variety of topics including Asset Pricing, Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, and Tax in leading international journals.
- Conducting research in the area of empirical corporate finance as part of a dissertation (consisting of three research papers)
- Supporting the Chair as a Teaching Assistant in the various programs
- Collaborating with faculty as well as other doctoral students
- Presenting your work at internal brownbag seminars and at international conferences
- Relevant Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualification from a well-regarded university
- Analytical skills. Experience in programming (e.g., Python, R) and/or econometric software (STATA) is helpful
- Excellent English communication and (in particular) writing skills
- Strong motivation and focus, ability to work independently and in teams
Our faculty, students, and staff are passionate about WHU and work together to continuously develop WHU as one of the leading business schools in Europe. Do you want to be a part of this vision? Come join our team!