Your future awaits –
Apply now for our Bachelor Program!
The Bachelor in International Business Administration (BIBA) at WHU is a rigorous undergraduate program. It demands outstanding intellectual abilities as well as exceptional personal and interpersonal skills.
We value your whole personality, looking beyond academic proficiency and towards your potential in business. Exceptional logical and analytical skills should be balanced with creative thinking. Excellent communication skills, general knowledge, and fluency in English are important. If you’re qualified academically, we want you to demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative, openness, creativity, determination, resilience, responsibility, and team spirit.
Get organized –
Check out our Bachelor admissions requirements.
- Education: Secondary school diploma or equivalent higher education entrance qualification (e.g., IB, Abitur, A-Levels). If your secondary school diploma has not been issued by the application deadline, you may apply with the most recent mid-term report card/predictions available.
To check whether you are eligible to study in Germany, please review either of the following websites:
Anabin (available only in German)
- Proof of English proficiency1: WHU accepts one of the following English language tests:
- TOEFL (iBT): Minimum score for German/English track: 95, minimum score for English track: 100. Our TOEFL code is 0682. Note: As of March 23, 2020, ETS is offering a TOEFL IBT Special Home Edition test.
- IELTS: Academic Module min. 6.5 (German/English track) or 7.0 (English track)
- Cambridge ESOL: Minimum level CAE, Grade C (German/English track) or Grade B (English track)
- Institutional TOEFL (ITP): 587 Punkte (600)
Please note: If you are currently studying at an English-speaking school, you may be exempt from an English test
- Practical experience2: Achieved through either a business internship or apprenticeship amounting to a total of six weeks. This can also be a combination of multiple internships lasting at least two weeks each.
September 15, 2020 - May 15, 2021
Safety always comes first! Due to the current situtation, we are still in the process of finalizing our admission rounds for 2021. All candidates will be informed about the finalized schedule in due course.
Commences August 31, 2020
September 1, 2020
Taking a gap year? An early application is possible.
If you are graduating this year but still wish to take a year off, not a problem! Apply now for a spot in the class starting in fall 2022. You have until spring 2022 to submit all test results. You can also withdraw your application free-of-charge at any time.
Get started –
Check out our four-step application process.
If you meet the admission requirements and are motivated to start your future now, you will be eligible to take part in the selection process. We carefully select approximately 240 students per year through a four-stage admission process.
Step-by-step application process:
Once you have reviewed the Bachelor Programs’ admission requirements please read through the required application documents and then complete the following steps:
- Prepare a chronological resume (see example) and a letter of motivation (see required application documents for more information on content)
- Collect the supporting documents (see Required Application Documents)
- Create an application account online
- Upload all required documents
- Pay application fees (see below)
- You may be eligible to apply for the recognition and crediting of external achievements
To dowload the forms, we recommend to save them on your desktop (right mouse click, save as) and then open them afterwards with Adobe Reader DC from there.
Applications submitted until February 15 will receive an application fee waiver.
After February 15, a non-refundable application fee of EUR 50,00 is charged for processing each application received by WHU.
We recommend wire transfer as the most efficient payment method:
Beneficiary: WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
Bank name and address: Sparkasse Koblenz, Bahnhofstr. 11, 56068 Koblenz, Germany
IBAN: DE85 570 501 20 00000 94102
BIC (SWIFT): MALA DE 51 KOB
Please name the payment transaction as follows: "100421-last name, first name
Upon review of all application materials, we will invite qualified candidates to participate in the final admission test. We select candidates based on academic performance as well as personal characteristics and extracurricular activities.
Safety always comes first! In order to provide you with the best experience possible, our admission dates and admission round are currently still under discussion. All candidates will be informed about the finalized schedule in due course, but here is an outline of the admission test from 2020 which took place completely online.
Online admission round
In this final step, we want to learn more about you in an online admission test. Up to seven examiners will be part of the test and evaluation process, developed and monitored by the Institute of Test Development and Talent Research (ITB). The online test consists of four parts:
- Recorded presentation
- Recorded questions & answers (similar to the previous personal interviews)
- Online analytical test (dependent on school grades, example questions, pdf)
- Skype interviews (if required, to clarify any outstanding points)
Our Admission Committee is responsible for the final admission decisions. After the final test, you will receive an admission ranking. The admission ranking is composed of the mean score from the presentation, interviews, group discussion, and the analytical test results.
If you’re successful, you will receive an offer letter via email. In some instances, we place a few candidates on a waiting list.
It may be possible to defer your place for the following year. Please contact us for more details.
Invest in your future –
Helping you finance your studies.
Finances shouldn’t interfere with your higher education and career goals. We have a number of scholarships and financing opportunities so you can focus on your future, not your finances.